[NCSG-EC] Amr's replacement

Tapani Tarvainen ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info
Thu Feb 16 15:18:59 EET 2017

Dear all,

In preparation for our meeting next week, I trust you've read the
thread in ncsg-discuss following my call for volunteers. Without going
into names now, looking at GNSO operating procedures:

"3.8.3 Vacancies

a. In the event of a GNSO Council member resignation or
other permanent vacancy, the Bylaws call for replacement according
Article X, Section 3(3).

b. During any transition period following the occurrence of the
permanent vacancy, but before a new election or appointment and
subsequent seating of the replacement Councilor, the remedy in
Paragraph 3.8.4 is available.

3.8.4 Remedy: Temporary Alternate

a. For a Councilor who is not appointed by the Nominating Committee,
the appointing organization may, at its discretion, name a Temporary
Alternate to serve in the absent or vacant Councilor’s seat."

So we can appoint someone as temporary alternate until Copenhagen
and someone else as permanent replacement after that until Abu Dhabi,
if we so choose.

--
Tapani Tarvainen