[NCSG-EC] Fwd: fw: Matthew Shears is no longer with CDT Re: SSC Note

Poncelet Ileleji pileleji at ymca.gm
Fri Apr 7 22:13:30 EEST 2017

We didn't discuss it, but in my opinion what happened was the height of
pettiness over a simple technicality. Personally am still shocked.

Poncelet

On 7 April 2017 at 16:57, Tapani Tarvainen via NCSG-EC <
ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just a note, we didn't discuss this during the call, I forgot to bring it
> up but
> all I was going to say that we don't need to do anything about it.
>
> The only difference from Konstantinos' and other similar cases was that
> Matthew
> was NCUC's representative in the Policy Committee as well as its Vice
> Chair,
> but he resigned from those positions to even that issue became moot.
>
> We could discuss these situations in general at some point, there're some
> potential pitfalls there, but the acute situation is over.
>
> Tapani
>
> On Fri, Apr 07, 2017 at 12:54:23AM +0000, Zalnieriute, Monika
> (Monika.Zalnieriute at EUI.eu) wrote:
>
> > Hi Tapani and EC,
> >

> > Is that not what happens to people - if they change jobs, and then they
> re-apply as individuals, like it happened to K. Komaitis, etc? If Matthew
> Shears applied, then whats the problem - like a little window of
> technically not being a member? If we see this window as a serious problem,
> we can change the rules to make sure that all new members apply in their
> individual capacity, and then we have no windows. If nonetheless, what we
> want is to have an ability to punish people for such windows, then we go
> ahead, haha:) My intuitive opinion thats its just whats happens when we
> have these dual organizational/individual applications, and I cannot see
> any bad faith attempt on behalf of Matthew Shears in this case.
> >

> > Best wishes,
> >

> > Monika
> >

> > Kind regards,
> >

> > Dr. Monika Zalnieriute
> >

> > Post-Doctoral Fellow @ Melbourne Law School |
> >
> > The University of Melbourne I law.unimelb.edu.au I
> >
> > 185 Pelham St, Carlton VIC 3053, Australia I
> >

> > Visiting Fellow @ Center for Media, Data and Society I
> >
> > Central European University I cmds.ceu.edu I
> >

> > Representative @ Executive Committee I
> >
> > Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group I ICANN I icann.org I
> >

> > ________________________________

Poncelet O. Ileleji MBCS
Coordinator
The Gambia YMCAs Computer Training Centre & Digital Studio
MDI Road Kanifing South
P. O. Box 421 Banjul
The Gambia, West Africa
Tel: (220) 4370240