[NCSG-PC] Fwd: APPLICATION FOR NCSG SPONSORSHIP TO ICANN80 MEETING AS A NEWCOMMER

Johan Helsingius julf at Julf.com
Thu Apr 11 12:26:02 EEST 2024

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	APPLICATION FOR NCSG SPONSORSHIP TO ICANN80 MEETING AS A NEWCOMMER
Date: 	Thu, 11 Apr 2024 11:46:29 +1200
From: 	James Olorundare <olorundarek at gmail.com>
To: 	00001963cc94b85a-dmarc-request at listserv.syr.edu
CC: 	andrea.glandon at icann.org

Dear Ma/Sir,

Below is my motivation Statement

As a recent addition to the NCSG community, I wish to apply for the
above which will allow me to contribute more directly. The chance to be
sponsored for the vacant slot at ICANN80 would allow me to put my skills
and enthusiasm to work, representing the NCSG and furthering our goals.

My journey began with a keen interest in internet governance, leading me
to become an ICANN79 Fellow and the Paul Muchene Award winner. This
recognition fueled my desire to get involved and I have been attending
some of the NCSG engagements. Few amongst them are the following:

Transfer Policy Review Preliminary Recommendations (April 4, 2024)

SubPro IRT Working Group: Applicant Freedom of Expression (July 26, 2023)

I have also been present at key meetings, including but not limited to:

NCUC ICANN79 readout (March 20, 2024)

Africa Domain Name Industry Study Draft Final Report Public Comment
Period (January 23, 2024) (I can provide screenshots as evidence of my
participation.)

   I plan to be a strong voice for the NCSG at ICANN80, ensuring full
participation in all relevant meetings. As the ISOC Chapter President in
Nigeria and coordinator of the Nigerian School on IG, I possess the
skills to effectively lead discussions, moderate sessions, and even act
as a rapporteur if needed.

   During ICANN79Fellowship, I attended PDPs and NCSG Policy Committee
meetings, constantly learning and expanding my knowledge base. My
dedication extends to ongoing revision of internal governance documents
and PDPs, and I actively participated in the African Engagement on IG
today (April 11, 2024).

Attending ICANN80 in its entirety is a priority. I'll be there every
day, actively involved in NCSG meetings, constituency meetings, GNSO
Council meetings, and relevant PDP sessions.

This sponsorship opportunity is not just about attending a meeting; it
is about bringing a new member's fresh perspective and unwavering
commitment to the table. I am confident that my skills and dedication
will make me a valuable asset to the NCSG at ICANN80.

Thank you.

*Engr. Olorundare James Kunle, SMIEEE*

*CLAISO22301;9001; Scrum Master Cert.*

--