[NCSG-PC] Fwd: Travel slot for ICANN80

Johan Helsingius julf at Julf.com
Thu Apr 11 12:25:31 EEST 2024

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Travel slot for ICANN80
Date: 	Wed, 10 Apr 2024 23:24:46 +0000
From: 	Wisdom Donkor <wisdom.dk at gmail.com>
To: 	Johan Helsingius <julf at julf.com>

I will propose Farzaneh Badii for this slot

On Wed, 10 Apr 2024, 2:19 pm Johan Helsingius,
<00001963cc94b85a-dmarc-request at listserv.syr.edu
<mailto:00001963cc94b85a-dmarc-request at listserv.syr.edu>> wrote:

     Seems Stephanie Perrin can't make it to Kigali.

     According to our operating procedures I am hereby asking interested
     persons to send me their motivation statements, copying Andrea
     (andrea.glandon at icann.org <mailto:andrea.glandon at icann.org>).

     Here is the relevant part from the NCSG operating procedures:

     If a Council member or a funded NCSG Executive Committee cannot attend
     the meeting, the following process should be invoked to decide upon the
     travel slot transfer:

           The NCSG chair announces the opportunity on the NCSG-Discuss list
     and requests that the interested members send their Motivation
     Statement
     privately to the Chair and copy in ICANN support staff.

           The Motivation Statement must explain in detail why the applicant
     would like to attend the meeting, provide evidence of full and
     verifiable engagement in Domain Name System policy deliberations, proof
     that the applicant has previously attended calls and contributed to
     PDPs, NCSG Policy Committee meetings and other relevant policy and
     related meetings, and explain why their physical presence is important
     for this meeting, mentioning specific tasks they commit to carry out on
     behalf of the NCSG. The tasks must be related to the NCSG and advance
     the NCSG’s interests at that specific ICANN meeting.

           If the applicant is to be an alternate to a GNSO Councillor,
     he or
     she should have an understanding of how the Council works and have
     observed their meetings beforehand. They must provide a letter of
     recommendation from either a) the Chair of the NCSG Policy
     Committee, or
     (b) a serving member of the Council in his or her second term.

           While Execeutive Committee’ travel slots may be allocated to
     newcomers, newcomers should commit to attending  sessions of the NCSG
     leading up to the ICANN meeting, as well as undertaking revision and
     background reading on at least one internal governance document and
     a PDP.

           The applicant must commit to attending the ICANN meeting
     fully, be
     at the meeting venue every day, and be present to the greatest extent
     possible at all NCSG meetings, constituency meetings, GNSO Council
     meetings, and PDP sessions for which they have expressed interest in
     their Motivation Statement. If the selected applicant does not
     appear to
     be present at the venue without justification, s/he will not be
     eligible
     to be allocated a travel slot in the future. The decision of such
     ineligibility will be made by the NCSG Executive Committee (in the
     evaluation of at least two members).

              Julf