[NCSG-PC] [Call for volunteers] Public Comment: Pilot Holistic Review Revised Draft Terms of Reference

Kathy Kleiman Kathy at KathyKleiman.com
Mon Nov 20 21:55:52 EET 2023

<< Hi team, is this okay to submit?

Warmly, Tomslin>>

Tomslin,

I'm afraid I do not understand our draft NCSG comment.  Bolu seems to be
responding to the four questions that commenters raised in the first
round of comments.  Now, in this second round of comments, ICANN asks us
to respond to a /different set of questions.  (Pasted below)
/

If I read it correctly, Bolu is repeating what ICANN Staff has told us
in this Terms of Reference Draft, but not commenting on whether we
(NCSG) agree, support, express concerns, etc.  It's not enough to
summarize what Staff has presented.

*/Could we ask someone to work with him, e.g. Pedro?  Could someone else
from NCSG PC take a close look? /*

Best, Kathy

==> [Kathy cutting and pasting from current ICANN comment notice]

"The primary focus of the Pilot Holistic Review Draft Terms of Reference
(ToR) is to address the four primary issues raised during the first
Public Comment proceeding:

  * The scope of Holistic Review is unclear
  * There is a lack of independent examination in the Holistic Review
  * There is a lack of identified dependencies
  * The community might not have the ability to support the Pilot
    Holistic Review work

The ToR Development Team also shortened and revised the ToR document to
include more direct language and clearer deliverables.

Considering the potential implications on the ICANN structures and work,
the Board is seeking input on whether the revised Draft ToR seems fit
for purpose, and whether it sufficiently addresses the issues identified
in the first Public Comment proceeding.

The following questions are designed to aid responders in formulating
their views:

 1. Do you support the Pilot Holistic Review Revised Terms of Reference
    as drafted?
 2. Does the Pilot Holistic Review Revised Terms of Reference
    sufficiently address the four primary issues identified in the first
    Public Comment proceeding?
 3. Does the Pilot Holistic Review Revised Terms of Reference
    sufficiently clarify the deliverables for the Pilot Holistic Review?
 4. Do you support the next steps for the Pilot Holistic Review (as
    noted below)?"

On Tue, 14 Nov 2023 at 06:40, Tomslin Samme-Nlar <mesumbeslin at gmail.com>

    As promised on the call earlier, here is the link to the NCSG draft
    comment that Bolu is leading
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hxiw_roMyfKOKd200KiUfQSR8ODgLIuNujsmeT_yDqc/edit?usp=sharing

    Warmly,
    Tomslin