[NCSG-PC] Fwd: [NextGen-Alumni] Call for NextGen Mentors!

Bolutife Adisa adisabolutifeo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:32:51 EEST 2022

Hello all,

@Stephanie Thanks for chiming in on the topic and sharing your valid concerns.

In this case, I believe you have rightly defined what active membership is or should be “… need to understand ICANN org and its constituent parts, policies, and procedures”.
Having participated in multiple ICANN meetings as a NextGen participant, and ICANN fellow and an EC member in NPOC, it is clear that I understand ICANN org’s structure, procedures, and policies and I’m capable of passing on the knowledge to newcomers.

While I might not have the wealth of experience that other colleagues may have in pen-holding for policy development process, I am aware that the role in question is not a policy development role but a mentorship/support role for newcomers in the space (otherwise I would have easily stepped aside for more policy-experienced colleagues to step in). However, I consider myself qualified for this role based on the outlined criteria.

Being a former NextGen participant as well as ICANN fellow is only just an added advantage, as it indicates prior understanding of the program and its structure, having been through it myself.

I would be glad to provide response to any further questions or clarifications needed.

Best,
- Bolutife.