[NCSG-PC] Fwd: [Call for Candidates] NCSG Rep to GNSO Standing Selection Committee (SSC)

Tomslin Samme-Nlar mesumbeslin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 08:33:01 EEST 2022

Hi PC,

We now have 2 volunteers.

1. David Cake (as below)
2. Arsene Tungali

Warmly,
Tomslin

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: David Cake <dave at davecake.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022, 16:14
Subject: Re: [NCSG-PC] [Call for Candidates] NCSG Rep to GNSO Standing
Selection Committee (SSC)
To: Tomslin Samme-Nlar <mesumbeslin at gmail.com>
Cc: ncsg-discuss <NCSG-DISCUSS at listserv.syr.edu>, ncsg-pc <
ncsg-pc at lists.ncsg.is>

Noting that the 14th of October deadline has not yet passed, I would like
to apply to replace Peter on the SSC.

David

On 7 Oct 2022, at 7:41 pm, Tomslin Samme-Nlar <mesumbeslin at gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Members,

One of our representatives, Akinremi Peter's term on the GNSO Standing
Selection Committee (SSC) has come to an end and needs replacing. This is a
call to members interested in volunteering in this capacity to please
submit an Expression of Interest(EOI).

The SSC is tasked with helping the GNSO Council make appointments to review
teams and other important positions. You can find more details about its
mission and role here https://community.icann.org/display/GSSC/2.+Charter.

My understanding is that this is a very low workload role, with no
technical expertise required, just the ability to make good appointment
decisions guided by NCSG principles. So, I encourage folks to consider
volunteering for this.

Please send your EOI to the Chair of the NCSG Policy Committee (
mesumbeslin at gmail.com) and copy (julf at julf.com) by Friday 14th October.

Warmly,