[NCSG-PC] Fwd: [GNSO-Accuracy-ST] Update and ask for feedback re. scenarios for EDPB

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Wed May 11 03:10:00 EEST 2022

Whilst heaving a big sigh, i am duty bound to say that i need to respond to this proposal in a rather fulsome manner.  It touches on the fundamental rights guaranteed in the EU Charter, the issue of delegation of authority on criminal matters, our lack of real data to support accuracy quality controls ( as required in the 2013 RAA, as modified by the temp spec), and a few other matters like how and when you should pester the EDPB.  I hope to get you a draft before our next pc meeting, but my grandchildren are coming for a long awaited visit this weekend so it might be last minute.
Note the emphatic no from Becky.  Volker provides more detail as to why, but this non-lawyer feels the need to explain WHY this is such a bad idea.
Cheers
Steph Perrin

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message: