[NCSG-PC] NCSG Response to the proposed GAC-GNSO Consultation on Closed Generics

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 14:54:36 EEST 2022

Hey all,

So, back at our policy meeting we agreed on asking Manal for a meeting
between the NCSG and the GAC on this matter. Should I move on
with requesting this meeting ? Think it would be a good opportunity to
present our position

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 3:08 AM Tomslin Samme-Nlar <mesumbeslin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> I just wanted to call your attention to this response we promised to put
> together on the board proposed dialogue between GAC and Council on closed
> generics. The Council small team is about to be activated to start
> deliberations and I believe @陳曼茹 Manju Chen <manju at nii.org.tw> who is
> representing us there hopes to rely on the response we pen down to guide
> her contribution to that team.
>
> In this regard, can I request that we find some time to please put our
> ideas down on the Google form
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1buufalOjubifqZJoPLqF4wBaIUxHKLWor7NvILtnrKg/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Looking forward to your help with this. In the meantime, i'll review my
> meeting notes and put down some feedback we got during our policy call on
> the document.
>
> Warmly,
> Tomslin
>
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2022, 22:25 Tomslin Samme-Nlar, <mesumbeslin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As a follow-up to my previous email regarding the board's proposed
>> facilitated dialogue between GAC and GNSO council, I have created this
>> Google doc [
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1buufalOjubifqZJoPLqF4wBaIUxHKLWor7NvILtnrKg/edit?usp=sharing
>> ] to capture our response to this proposal in the form of a letter to the
>> council small team on Closed Generics.
>>
>> Inputs to the document are welcomed and for your convenience, attached
>> again is the letter from the board and the accompanying framing paper.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tomslin
>>

>> On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 at 08:12, Tomslin Samme-Nlar <mesumbeslin at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear everyone,
>>>
>>> Here is the framing paper on the board's proposed dialogue between GNSO
>>> Council and the GAC on Closed Generics that was promised.
>>>
>>> Comments are welcomed. I will also be sending a separate email with a
>>> link to the Google doc where we intend to draft a letter as a response to
>>> this.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Tomslin

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

German Chancellor Fellow 21' (Bundeskanzler-Stipendiatin) | Alexander von
Humboldt Foundation <https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/>

Visiting Researcher (Gastwissenschaftlerin) | Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin
für Sozialforschung (WZB) <https://wzb.eu/en>

Member | Coalizão Direitos na Rede <https://direitosnarede.org.br/>
Chair | Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group at ICANN
<https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/stakeholders-constituencies/ncsg>
Co-Coordinator | Internet Governance Caucus  <https://igcaucus.org/>

Twitter: @boomartins <https://twitter.com/boomartins> // Skype:
bruna.martinsantos