[NCSG-PC] An NCSG SubPro committee

Tomslin Samme-Nlar mesumbeslin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 12:22:36 EET 2022

Hello everyone,

As some of you may know and as we discussed in our Policy meeting this week
during ICANN73, the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures (SubPro) Operational
Design Phase (ODP)
<https://www.icann.org/en/blogs/details/icann-subpro-odp-update-highlighting-the-project-governance-work-track-28-2-2022-en>
is well in flight now and it is beginning to get busy with questions being
sent by the ODP team to the council.

Some of the questions are provoking ideas within the council regarding the
possibility of using council powers to undertake further work on some
Subpro items as we wait for the ODP outcome next year. Some suggestions
already floating are (a) expanding upon/modifying existing SubPro recs (via
Section 16 of the PDP Manual) prior to Board consideration; (b) providing
additional guidance to help ease implementation (e.g., potentially a GNSO
Guidance Process); and (c) performing some of the additional work that will
likely eventually be needed for implementation.

As a result, one of the action items from the NCSG policy meeting this week
was to stand-up an NCSG Subpro committee which will help councillors
address some of these suggestions and questions being put forward in
council.

If you are keen to join the committee, please let me or Bruna (
bruna.mrtns at gmail.com) know, copy Andrea (andrea.glandon at icann.org) so that
you can be added to the committee mailing-list.

I look forward to seeing many volunteers there.

Best regards,
Tomslin
Policy Chair