[NCSG-PC] NCSG Nominees to PIR Advisory Council Members

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 15:39:13 EEST 2022

Hello, all,

While I dont have any objections, I am honestly a bit surprised that the
call was already issued to the general list without a proper reply from any
PC members or coordination with me.

About the slot, Julf, I trust I have explained this on the mailing list a
few times now but this slot was occupied by Stephanie until recently (2021
if i'm not mistaken) and I have reached out to PIR a few times now and
their answer is that they reviewed the process for AC nominations. This
means that from 2020, I believe, there's no longer the chance of nominating
someone or secured slots at the PIR AC and if NCSG needed to have a member
there we should then apply through their calls for applications.

One thing I'd warn about this call is the procedure we are going to follow,
normally we would have the NCSG Chair as the rep at the AC, given that this
person applied for the call. When I was elected chair back in 2019 i
reached out to PIR for the first time and I was informed that I needed to
wait for Stephanies term at the AC to end, then I insisted with the change
of nomination given our internal rules and received this reply about the
call and end of nominations.

--

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

German Chancellor Fellow 21' (Bundeskanzler-Stipendiatin) | Alexander von
Humboldt Foundation <https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/>

Visiting Researcher (Gastwissenschaftlerin) | Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin
für Sozialforschung (WZB) <https://wzb.eu/en>

Member | Coalizão Direitos na Rede <https://direitosnarede.org.br/>
Chair | Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group at ICANN
<https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/stakeholders-constituencies/ncsg>
Co-Coordinator | Internet Governance Caucus  <https://igcaucus.org/>

Twitter: @boomartins <https://twitter.com/boomartins> // Skype:
bruna.martinsantos