[NCSG-PC] NCSG Nominees to PIR Advisory Council Members

Tomslin Samme-Nlar mesumbeslin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 14:46:18 EEST 2022

Hi PC,

The Public Interest Registry (PIR) has opened a call for applications to
its Advisory Council on 23rd July and ending on 30th September . Despite
not having done so in the last 2 years, in the past, the NCSG nominated
candidates to represent NCSG in PIR's Advisory Council. We also discussed
and agreed in our January policy meeting that we should resume nominating
applicants to the advisory council.

In that regard, I will be sending a call for nominations shortly to the
NCSG membership mailing list. I am also attaching the procedure that was
used for selecting nominees 3 years ago for your information. It looks like
a well considered proposal, I couldn't find any flaws in it but I
understand this was not formally adopted then. However, due to the short
time we have to select and send names to PIR, I propose we use the same as
is.

Let me know if you disagree.

Warmly,