[NCSG-PC] Draft Agenda for NCSG Monthly Policy Call 19th May

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Fri May 15 02:55:19 EEST 2020

Hi all,

I am sharing the draft agenda for the next NCSG Policy call next Tuesday.

We don't have any motion to vote on for next week but we have several
important discussion topics requiring our attention and input:

   - GNSO work prioritization: a continuation of discussion started in
   previous meetings. a new updated work plan will be shared. The
   workplan makes clear what prep work (from GNSO policy staff, GDD and
   council) is required and give some rough estimation what new activities can
   start. to summarize, no new PDP should start before there is enough
   bandwidth. The work plan will be shared shortly in council list.
   - Draft letter on implementation concern on EPDP phase 1 rec #7: we have
   a draft letter to respond to board letter on rec #7 and thick who
   transition policy. As you can see in council list, we have already some
   suggested edits and disagreements.  I will be leading the discussion during
   council meeting and so I won't be able to speak on behalf of NCSG.
   - EPDP phase 2 update: I will give an update on EPDP phase 2 work and
   council will discuss on how to deal with the topics from priority 2 (legal
   vs natural and accuracy) since there is pressure from some groups to have
   them covered in phase 2 even it will delay the publication of final report.
   this is a critical discussion on how to manage current EPDP phase and next
   steps for related topics which to some extent linked to the discussion on
   GNSO work plan. Personally, I am concerned about the idea of a phase 3.
   - New gTLD subpro and DNS abuse: this is to discuss the letter from
   subpro co-chairs regarding the topic of DNS abuse coming as recommendation
   from CCT-RT. The council needs to discuss how to deal with this topic in
   more holistic approach. There are some ideas and proposals on how to do
   that. We need to understand the context of DNS abuse discussion and how the
   current situation with covid19 is used to put pressure e.g. ICANN68 will
   likely have a DNS abuse plenary session.

Please review the council agenda and background documents. We need to be
ready for those topics. For policy update, I will try to confirm
availability of NCSG members who can give updates.

Regarding webinars to complement the policy call, I am asking here if there
is any suggestion or idea for topic for webinar. We have already a proposal
to cover ATRT3 as follow-up from last NCSG meeting. However, I think we
should have a list of tentative topics to choose from and start organizing
those webinars after ICANN68.

Please let me know if you have any comments or amendment for the agenda:

I. Introduction
II. GNSO Council Call Preparation

   - Council agenda:
   https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/policy/2020/agenda/agenda-gnso-council-21may20-en.pdf

III. Policy Update
- Updates from PDP WG and RT members if available
- Public comments status:
https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/policy/2020/agenda/agenda-gnso-council-21may20-en.pdf
- Any Policy topic
IV. Others