[NCSG-PC] Election of Board seat 14: Preliminary discussion with current incumbent on Friday January31st

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 29 01:49:42 EET 2020

Members may be aware that we have agreed election procedures for Board
seat 14 with our colleagues in the Non-contracted party house.  Those
procedures are now part of the GNSO operating procedures (see link
below).  Matthew Shears is the current incumbent of Board seat 14, and
his term expires at the Annual General meeting in October 2020.  He is
interested in running again for another term.  We are commencing
discussions with our colleagues in the BC, IPC, and ISPC, and we have
asked Matthew Shears to have a preliminary discussion with our own
members this Friday, January 31st, at 13:00 UTC.  I have asked Maryam
Bakoshi to arrange for the zoom room and Ozan Sahin will be handling the
call for us.  I will ask her to share the zoom room coordinates when we
get this set up.

Please join us for a discussion with Matthew!  It is quite a challenge
to represent both commercial and non-commercial interests at ICANN, and
finding candidates with the right skill set is also challenging.  Bring
your questions about the role to the meeting on Friday.

Kind regards,

Stephanie Perrin

NCSG Chair

https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/op-procedures-24oct19-en.pdf