[NCSG-PC] Fw: [council] Reminder: For Review: Initial draft of Proposed GNSO Council Response to CCT-RT Recommendations Passed Through to GNSO

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 03:43:49 EEST 2019

Hi,

The draft is fine. I don’t understand in which grounds we will object to
it. Privacy for RDS is already what we are doing with EPDP and would cover
the mentioned cases. I understand that the recommendation is about other
data than RDS/Whois for registries operators to deal with registrants. I
don’t think that is within ICANN remit or scope. Initiating a PDP in this
matter is unlikely to happen because am expected CPH opposition and if for
some reason it happens, that would open a can of worms that we cannot
handle.