[NCSG-PC] [Public Comment] Review of Draft Comment for Updated Operating Standards for Specific Reviews

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 12:58:28 EET 2019

Hi all,

I have now reviewed the comment and i believe it is in good shape. I
did have just one concern with regards to the accountability effort
required of RT members (Item N.2)

I do believe it is a good thing to emphasize on this and make it a
must but my worry is that this may lead to less volunteers stepping up
for the role. This is yet another volunteer role, where we need to
encourage people to consider but if we are too strong in what we
require them to do, then we might have less people.

The reporting requirement to the nominating body has never been
effective for all of our representatives at different levels and I
think the best way would simply be to request a reasonable level of
reporting requirement from our reps rather than making it mandatory.
And we therefore should expect them to report whenever there is
anything substantial that needs to be shared with the nominating
group.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards,
Arsene

> hi all,
>
> reminder to review this draft comment

> Le lun. 11 févr. 2019 à 07:18, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
>> hi all,
>>
>> we have this draft comment for review too.
>> I was reached previously by ICANN staff if we were planning to submit
>> comment and indicated yes. I asked for few days extension and that should
>> be ok.

>> From: Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com>
>> Date: lun. 11 févr. 2019 à 07:12
>> Subject: [Public Comment] Review of Draft Comment for Updated Operating
>> Standards for Specific Reviews
>> To: NCSG <NCSG-DISCUSS at listserv.syr.edu>
>>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Ioana worked on draft comment for NCSG consideration on the updated
>> operating standards for specific review
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pEKINvc1ltbvYKEDGtgZ1FHrvttZFI3mXBhZsTOg1G8/edit
>>
>> Please review the draft comment and share your edits and comments using
>> "suggestion" mode in the google doc. You can also share your thoughts
>> here
>> too for discussion.
>>
>> Best Regards,

------------------------
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <https://www.smart-kitoko.com/>*,
Tel: +243 993810967 (DRC)
GPG: 523644A0