[NCSG-PC] Fwd: REMINDER - Response needed (NCSG): Definition for ICANN acronyms and terms feature | Response requested by Tuesday, 16 April

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Tue Apr 16 13:18:56 EEST 2019

How about this?

The Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group (NCSG) is a stakeholder group within the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO). The NCSG is the only place within ICANN that is specifically reserved for the advancement of non-state and non-market interests. The NCSG represents more than 600 non-profit organisations and individuals from over 150 countries who wish to advance non-commercial policy objectives at ICANN such as human rights, education, access to knowledge, freedom of expression, privacy rights and other non-commercial goals. The NCSG’s members include universities, civil liberties groups, free software groups, religious organisations, artistic groups, ICT development organisations and other non-commercial actors dedicated to the public interest.

The NCSG consists of two constituencies:

●          Non-Commercial Users Constituency (NCUC)

●          Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency (NPOC)

-- Ayden