[NCSG-PC] [NCSG-Discuss] Draft Input to the Initial Report SubPro

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 14:01:45 EEST 2018

I have read through the comment and if the group is okay with it, i
will not refrain its submission since I did not follow the work of
this working group properly.

> Dear Rafik,
>
> I have no comment.
>
> @__f_f__
>
> Best Regards
> ____________________________________
>
> (Ekue) Farell FOLLY
> NCUC Rep. to the NCSG Policy Committee
> linkedin.com/in/farellf
>

>> On 24 Sep 2018, at 23:41, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks all for the comment
>> the deadline for submission s the 26th Sept and not clear we can get some
>> extension. I am still checking on that front.
>> as the topic is contentious, one way is to take it out from the draft and
>> comment separately having a proper discussion within NCSG, that is not a
>> perfect option but at least to ensure that we cover the other areas of the
>> public comment where there is no disagreement.
>> the comment still needs to be tidied up and finalized.

>> Le lun. 24 sept. 2018 à 12:44, Ayden Férdeline <icann at ferdeline.com
>> <mailto:icann at ferdeline.com>> a écrit :
>> A lot of good work has gone into this comment, so thank you to those
>> involved in drafting it. However I think it is not yet ready for
>> submission. In the comments there have been some serious issues raised
>> which I think need a response. I agree that there should be consistency in
>> our comments, so if the position being taken today is different to the
>> position that the NCSG has taken in the past, we need to talk about what
>> has changed and why.
>>
>> Best wishes, Ayden
>>
>>> On 23 Sep 2018, at 17:34, farzaneh badii <farzaneh.badii at GMAIL.COM
>>> <mailto:farzaneh.badii at GMAIL.COM>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I had a look at the document. I abstain from approving it and here are my
>>> reasons:
>>>
>>> While I believe in free market, innovation and everything else that Robin
>>> and others claim should be in registries business model and they think
>>> closed registries can bring that about and I believe that top level
>>> domain names are property after allocation, I think having closed
>>> generics and restricted brand registries by default can lead to the
>>> politicization of the domain space even further. I don't even agree with
>>> having criteria set by ICANN for community TLDs.  I believe it might have
>>> made sense to support closed generics then, but the result is clear. We
>>> now have a much stronger GAC to deal with in Geo names, we have public
>>> interest related to each and every topic we discuss. And saying not to
>>> conflate trade mark with closed generic without providing a reason how
>>> they are different (I have read emails, transcripts etc) does not make
>>> sense to me.
>>>
>>> I support not allowing closed generics but allowing any other business
>>> model in registries in favor of not politicizing the domain space. It
>>> might be too late. but that is my opinion.
>>>

>>> Farzaneh
>>>

>>> On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 11:44 AM Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com
>>> <mailto:rafik.dammak at gmail.com>> wrote:
> [...]

------------------------
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <https://www.smart-kitoko.com/>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967
GPG: 523644A0
*Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo*

2015 Mandela Washington Felllow
<http://tungali.blogspot.com/2015/06/selected-for-2015-mandela-washington.html>
(YALI) - ISOC Ambassador (IGF Brazil
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/igf-ambassadors-programme/Past-Ambassadors>
& Mexico
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/Current-Ambassadors>)
- AFRISIG 2016 <http://afrisig.org/afrisig-2016/class-of-2016/> - Blogger
<http://tungali.blogspot.com> - ICANN's GNSO Council
<https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/gnso-council.htm> Member. AFRINIC Fellow (
Mauritius
<http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1907-afrinic-25-fellowship-winners>)*
- *IGFSA Member <http://www.igfsa.org/> - Internet Governance - Internet
Freedom.

Check the *2016 State of Internet Freedom in DRC* report (English
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=234>) and (French
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=242>)