[NCSG-PC] [urgent] Re: Review on the draft Recommendations for Managing IDN Variant Top-Level Domains

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 06:38:13 EEST 2018

hi all,

all fair questions and concerns, I don't think we elaborated too much in
our draft anyway. I didn't submit and so we can drop this as we already
passed the deadline. While I see that we should respond every time,
we chose to not do so in previous occurrences.

my personal conclusion for the last related IDN comments is that we need
more capacity on that area and having more members following closely and
getting involved on the teams. I know that some are participating with
their individual capacity in several LGR teams (they are by script) and we
can build on that.
I discussed with Farznaeh and thinking we should:
- reach to ICANN staff for some introductory webinars for our members to
build more awareness on IDN on the technical side, policy-related matters.
- identify experts within NCSG membership who can help through webinar too.
an approach that can be applied to other areas.