[NCSG-PC] NCSG Statement on ALAC Review

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Fri May 11 13:10:09 EEST 2018

Hi all,

As you may be aware, the Contracted Parties House sent a letter to ICANN org recently in relation to the critical ALAC Review, whose recommendations seem to have been ignored:
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/bunton-to-chalaby-07may18-en.pdf

I have drafted an NCSG response; a first draft is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oDVkLsr-jx_yPBRQ9gepGe2MQPIGbUmXJS9PplEBXzc/edit?usp=sharing

I'm happy to receive edits and comments today or tomorrow. However I will be offline Sunday and most of next week at the RIPE meeting in Marseille, so if any comments come in during this time, I will ask the NCSG Chair if she can please resolve them.

That said, I think it would be advantageous to get this comment finalised and sent to the Board before their Vancouver workshop tomorrow. I know this is a very tight turnaround, and I'm not sure we can manage it, but just a thought...

Best wishes,

Ayden