[NCSG-PC] Review NCSG Comment on KSK Rollover Draft

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 10:18:12 EEST 2018

Hi,

we are talking here about operators managing resolvers which are basically
ISPs, telco operators, and other infrastructure providers. They usually
have operations team and network engineers monitoring traffic and network
24/7. With outreach, they should be aware of the date of rollover
beforehand and plan for it but of course, some network operators are not
good at implementing best practices or doing the correct setup.

as the internet is a service used all the time and with its scale, there is
no perfect day to do "maintenance" or deployment or a way to avoid impact
some users. I won't really worry about it is in Friday or Monday. What
matters is the response in case of an outage and how that can be escalated
properly.