[NCSG-PC] Fw: Re: [Accred-Model] Version 1.6 of the Accreditation and Access Model

Dr. Tatiana Tropina t.tropina at mpicc.de
Mon Jun 18 17:24:53 EEST 2018

Ayden,

thank you. I am of two mind about this - I don't want us to legitimise
it anyhow, but not tearing it apart and not resisting it might do us
more good than bad. We might stand on the position that the model has to
be developed by the community (and in this regard this model has a major
procedural flow), however, it means that we have to insist on the
Council that the work on the accreditation should start urgently. I am
afraid not everyone on the council would share the same sentiment -
IPC/BC apparently could say they have a model proposal and CPH might
potentially argue that they have other priorities. May be CPH could be
convinced when they take into account Akram's position.

I think we have to argue procedure-wise first without going into the
content of this proposal - otherwise by fighting about the content we
just somehow legitimise it more. Walking a thin line here, because they
might try to advance it and push it forward - but the point that the
major parts of the community had no participation and no influence on
the content might play a role in declining this process-wise.

Would be happy to hear further thoughts....

Cheers,

Tanya