[NCSG-PC] Fwd: [NA-Discuss] Call for Volunteers: GNSO Expedited PDP on Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:52:54 EEST 2018

I don't have any strong opinions about the tool we will use and as I
said, this will be the first time I will be reviewing applications in
this group. Happy to see the way email work here and we can decide
later if worth considering a third party or not. That's my point,
Ayden.

As for the time commitment, I think the call (as drafted) is very
clear on that even if it doesn't specifically mention the number of
hours that members should put in the work. I am against mentioning 30
hours in the call as this might cause more harm than good. We will
need professionals (those with a day job) to send in their
applications and I am sure anyone applying will have checked their
workload and decide whether they have the time required to be a full
member of this effort.

Those are my thoughts, happy to be convinced otherwise.

Regards,
Arsene

> I do not support over-engineering this process and using a third party tool
> like a Google Form. The submissions through such a tool would be incredibly
> difficult for the selection committee to review, as Google Forms does not
> preserve formatting and even removes line breaks. Email is fine; we are not
> going to be overwhelmed with a thousand applications.
>
> I think ALAC is right to inform their members of the serious time commitment
> that this EPDP will entail; this is not a walk in the park. Members need to
> be on every call, actively intervening, and making meaningful contributions
> on the list and in reviewing the documents. It's not enough to just +1
> someone or to paraphrase their email as if it were your own a few days
> later. Stressing the 30 hour a week commitment might help this all sink in.
>
> Best wishes, Ayden

------------------------
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <https://www.smart-kitoko.com/>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967
GPG: 523644A0
*Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo*

2015 Mandela Washington Felllow
<http://tungali.blogspot.com/2015/06/selected-for-2015-mandela-washington.html>
(YALI) - ISOC Ambassador (IGF Brazil
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/igf-ambassadors-programme/Past-Ambassadors>
& Mexico
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/Current-Ambassadors>)
- AFRISIG 2016 <http://afrisig.org/afrisig-2016/class-of-2016/> - Blogger
<http://tungali.blogspot.com> - ICANN's GNSO Council
<https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/gnso-council.htm> Member. AFRINIC Fellow (
Mauritius
<http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1907-afrinic-25-fellowship-winners>)*
- *IGFSA Member <http://www.igfsa.org/> - Internet Governance - Internet
Freedom.

Check the *2016 State of Internet Freedom in DRC* report (English
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=234>) and (French
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=242>)