[NCSG-PC] EPDP call for volunteers draft

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 13:10:42 EEST 2018

Hi Rafik,

Thanks for drafting this.

I went ahead and mostly reviewed the call for participants. I made few
suggested edits (mostly typos, etc) and i think it looks great to me.

However, I have a question with regards to the selection process. I
understand that the PC will decide on the candidates which i don't
have an issue with. I would like to know what we are doing with PC
members who are willing to be considered/appointed as well.

I think they should recuse themselves from the selection process and
allow other PC members (who are not candidates) to carry
deliberations. I will appreciate any discussion on this.

Regards,
Arsene

> please find here the draft for the call for volunteers to EPDP team and
> some suggestion for the matrix to conduct the selection (to be developed
> further)
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YoV5UeR03Q9tFuhxDsWjbfftb4O8q2WZnRg-TRCD8nc/edit
> .
>
> We can get the call for volunteers approved and issued within this week
> (this Wednesday) while continuing to tweak the selection process itself.
> you can encourage candidates to apply but please be clear that doesn't mean
> any promise to be selected.

> I will use this to start drafting the NCSG call for volunteers for EPDP
> team in meantime and propose a process.

> From: Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org>
> Date: ven. 6 juil. 2018 à 17:17
> Subject: [Epdp-dt] For your review - call for volunteers and statement of
> participation
> To: epdp-dt at icann.org <epdp-dt at icann.org>
>

> Dear All,
>

> You’ll find hereby for your review the draft call for volunteers which
> includes the proposed EPDP Statement of Participation:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WB8zOEiv1Vuqe2_JCEhsuWXRT49EGJGz7jqAI-zExNA/edit?usp=sharing.
> Please use the comment function to include any suggestions / edits you may
> have instead of redlining, including your name if you are not logged into
> Google. Note that this document may require further updating pending the
> outcome of the discussion on composition.
>

> Best regards,
>

> Marika
>

> *Marika Konings*
>
> *Vice President, Policy Development Support – GNSO, Internet Corporation
> for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) *
>
> *Email: marika.konings at icann.org <marika.konings at icann.org>  *
>

> *Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO*
>
> *Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses
> <http://learn.icann.org/courses/gnso> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages
> <http://gnso.icann.org/sites/gnso.icann.org/files/gnso/presentations/policy-efforts.htm#newcomers>.
> *

------------------------
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <https://www.smart-kitoko.com/>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967
GPG: 523644A0
*Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo*

2015 Mandela Washington Felllow
<http://tungali.blogspot.com/2015/06/selected-for-2015-mandela-washington.html>
(YALI) - ISOC Ambassador (IGF Brazil
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/igf-ambassadors-programme/Past-Ambassadors>
& Mexico
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/Current-Ambassadors>)
- AFRISIG 2016 <http://afrisig.org/afrisig-2016/class-of-2016/> - Blogger
<http://tungali.blogspot.com> - ICANN's GNSO Council
<https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/gnso-council.htm> Member. AFRINIC Fellow (
Mauritius
<http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1907-afrinic-25-fellowship-winners>)*
- *IGFSA Member <http://www.igfsa.org/> - Internet Governance - Internet
Freedom.

Check the *2016 State of Internet Freedom in DRC* report (English
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=234>) and (French
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=242>)