[NCSG-PC] Comments on the Whois compliance models

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Tue Jan 30 19:28:31 EET 2018

There are a lot of new comments on the website
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/gdpr-legal-analysis-2017-11-17-en

Ours have been acknowledged but not posted as yet.  I am going to focus
on some of the rather important ones, like this correspondence from the
European Commission.  We can bicker about the models until the cows come
home, what is needed now in my view is analysis to combat some of the
contributions, which if history is anything to go by, will accept some
of the submissions as truth.  There is a lot of work to do here,
volunteers willing to do a summary (template might be useful) would be
most welcome.

Kind regards,

Stephanie

https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/avramopoulos-et-al-to-marby-29jan18-en.pdf