[NCSG-PC] [Suggestion] Additional Budgetary Request - NCSG PC Strategic Planning Session

Farell Folly farellfolly at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 22:18:53 EET 2018

Hello Ayden,

This is a very good idea. I am in full support of it and as you said the
staff should be minimal to avoid a high increase in budget.

There are another strategic meetings such as the intercessional where many
members of the PC already participate. Can we just propose to colocate both
and conduct this PC strategic after or before? It will cost only additional
days for accomodation for those who already participate to the
intercessional and travel tickets for the remaining members, instead of a
complete new logistic plan !

Le dim. 14 janv. 2018 à 14:47, Ayden Férdeline <icann at ferdeline.com> a
écrit :

> Hi, all-
>
> I have drafted an additional budgetary request that I suggest we submit. It
> is on Google Docs here
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D_pp_PFOnx6ZiK3qX9CuLanAraIHIyOAHG1JYPJciOY/edit?usp=sharing> and
> edits are welcomed, of course. I'm not sure whether we as the PC can submit
> this or if we should escalate it (if we support the proposal) to the NCSG
> EC to submit instead? Matters of process aside, the general gist of the
> proposal is as follows:
>
> *The NCSG Policy Committee is growing in activity, responding to more
> requests for public comment than ever before in its history. To sustain
> this momentum, the NCSG Policy Committee would like to request support to
> conduct a two-day, face-to-face planning session during FY19. Such a
> session would allow the Officers of the NCSG Policy Committee to develop an
> appropriate and ambitious work plan for the year ahead, to negotiate and
> determine NCSG positions on pressing issues, and, for the first time, to
> draft a five-year strategic plan for the Policy Committee’s activities.
> This is a session which we would like to hold outside of the setting of a
> traditional ICANN meeting. While the Policy Committee does meet during
> ICANN meetings, given our Officers involvement in other working groups and
> on the GNSO Council, there is never enough time to think about our more
> long-term objectives. This session would allow us to develop a work plan
> for both the next 12 months, and at a higher level, for the next five
> years, and is best suited to being held in isolation away from the
> pressures of our other ICANN commitments. This session would be largely
> self-organised with minimal staff support required.*
>
> The deadline for submitting additional budgetary requests is 31 January,
> so I would like to suggest that we add this to the agenda for our upcoming
> policy call to discuss further. Thanks!
>
> Best,
>
> Ayden

Regards