[NCSG-PC] BC/IPC Slidedeck on Convergence Model

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 17:10:51 EET 2018

*ICANN would like the Governmental Advisory Committee (GAC) to coordinate
its
members to prepare country-by-country lists of authorized law enforcement
agencies, to
use as the basis for accredited law enforcement access to non-public WHOIS
data. ICANN would also like the GAC to prepare a Code of Conduct for law
enforcement
access to WHOIS data.*

Wow! I am speechless. Code of conduct for some countries that their
criminal law allows for chopping fingers? That have notorious law
enforcement? That almost any political move is corruption on earth and
against national security? What would that code of conduct entail? Chop
their finger gently? Give them water in their cell?

And would this access be global? To any registration?

Farzaneh