[NCSG-PC] onboarding programme not in FY19 Budget

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Sun Feb 18 18:49:48 EET 2018

Hi, all-

I have confirmed with Ergys Ramaj that the onboarding programme is wrapping up at the end of FY18, and is not budgeted to be supported in FY19. I think the staff rationale for terminating the programme is sound, but thought I'd flag it, as it is another instance of community support being lost in this budget with no prior community notification.

What I propose is that we note in our Budget comment our disappointment that another community resource is being lost and ask if the savings generated can be put towards the Additional Budgetary Request envelope that shrunk by roughly 60%. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts here.

Best wishes, Ayden