[NCSG-PC] [NCSG-EC] Board Seat no.14/ Procedure Proposal

David Cake dave at davecake.net
Fri Feb 16 07:36:33 EET 2018

The only problem with the procedure is that it takes the really difficult parts of the process, and turns it into ‘seek consensus’, which practically may need a lot more detail. Though some of that detail may be more useful to do ad hoc depending on number of interested candidates etc, and there probably really is no useful way to make consensus easier to find purely through process, and it’s valuable to make it very clear tha5 consensus is required.

 Also, while full consensus is clearly ideal, should probably be ‘rough consensus’, we need a clear 8+ votes not unanimity (we don’t want to allow any single councillor to derail the process). But I thoroughly agree that seeking rough consensus between the SGs before the ballot is the only practical functional process.
Running against NOTA serves as a useful check on attempts to game negotiations, and is needed for formality.

David

Sent from my iPad