[NCSG-PC] GNSO Chair election

Milan, Stefania Stefania.Milan at EUI.eu
Mon Sep 25 12:59:11 EEST 2017

Hi Tapani, thanks for the reminder.
I had the chance to observe Heather over the last two years or so, and while I wasn't a big fan at the beginning, I now believe she would do a good job for the remaining year of her term. She has done good as a vice-chair, is to some extent capable of listening and empathy, and has proven to be well organized. Given the mess that followed the Dublin election, it would probably be a sign of good will on our side to support her this time round. But these are just my two cents. Stefania

Da: NCSG-PC <ncsg-pc-bounces at lists.ncsg.is> per conto di Tapani Tarvainen <ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info>
Inviato: lunedì 25 settembre 2017 11:56:12
A: NCSG-PC
Oggetto: [NCSG-PC] GNSO Chair election

Dear PC,

Deadline for GNSO Chair candidate nominations is October 1, that
is the end of this week.

Background:

The rules say that each house will be allowed to nominate
one candidate. Meaning we'd have to agree with CSG.
And we'd have to find a candidate the other house will
also accept.

Time is short. We really should open talks with CSG now.

And if we want one of ours to run for Chair, we'd also
need to talk with CPH at the same time.

Chair needs 60% supermajority in the council to be elected.
My math says that works out to 16 councillors, when CPH
and NCPH both have 13 (6 per constituency plus two NCAs).

Eligible for nomination are all new councillors, including
all NCAs (even non-voting NCA).

For more details cf. 2.2 in GNSO Operating Procedures.

And as you may recall, if CSG gets the Chair we'll get Vice Chair, as
per the procedure we agreed on.

I haven't heard anything from CSG after Jo'burg, but there I got
the impression they'd be likely to offer Heather Forrest.
Note that if she's elected she could only serve one year,
as she's term-limited as councillor.

--
Tapani Tarvainen