[NCSG-PC] Goran letter on data protection

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Tue Sep 19 18:17:13 EEST 2017

Thank you for sharing this letter, Stephanie. I had not seen it, even though from the date it seems ICANN sent it a week ago.

I agree we should respond. It is not actually all that clear to me what Goran is asking of Giovanni Buttarelli. Is it just a spontaneous update on ICANN's non-compliance with EU data protection legislation? Why would Buttarelli care? Why are they writing to him?

The public matrix they have sent, which despite their claims that it was developed by the community, well it wasn't really... The version they have sent to Buttarelli and their legal counsel, and who knows who else, was made public to us after being sent to these parties, and it does not include a faithful summary of my submission.

—Ayden