[NCSG-PC] About SSR2

Milan, Stefania Stefania.Milan at EUI.eu
Tue Oct 31 09:19:37 EET 2017

Dear James, thanks for sharing your notes on what is surely a painful process.

What I think should be our main concern is, besides the specific case of this RT, twofold: this might set a dangerous precedent for the future of other RTs or ad hoc entities of this kind, and it might jeopardize the independence of RTs (if you scared the Board calls you off you might want to be more cautious bla bla bla, self-censorship sort to speak)

Da: NCSG-PC <ncsg-pc-bounces at lists.ncsg.is> per conto di James Gannon <james at cyberinvasion.net>
Inviato: lunedì 30 ottobre 2017 19:14:12
A: Arsène Tungali
Cc: ncsg-pc
Oggetto: Re: [NCSG-PC] About SSR2

Hi All,
Yes this has all happened without any consultation with the review team.
What appears to have happened is that some concerns were raised in SSAC (We have no details on by whom) and instead of engaging with the review team through its 2 SSAC members on the RT the SSAC wrote to the board with a set of in my opinion (And this is shared by most of the review team) unfounded concerns about the skillset and ability to execute there review.

The board then again without consultation with the review team took the unnatural action to suspend the review. The first the RT heard about this was the letter from the board liason yesterday.

In my opinion the RT had a slow start but has been making good progress against the agreed consensus terms of reference and work plan and that this suspension is totally unwarranted and without merit.