[NCSG-PC] [DRAFT] Slides for Ideation Workshop

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Fri May 19 12:06:44 EEST 2017

Hi Rafik,

Thanks for your question. I would like this workshop to be something that any of our members can participate in, without having any background on the topic, while still being able to shape and contribute to the final output (being the comment itself). This obviously requires some structure to be useful. So in the first 20 minutes we will introduce new stimuli and triggers to excite people’s brains, and then turn the conversation over to them to share their thoughts. I will facilitate through open-ended questions and revise the comment after the call to take into account the input that is gathered.

So I see this as a consultation session to understand the perspectives of those who participate on the call, and not outreach in any form. I'm not looking to provide people with reading material or a longer term commitment, because I don't think that is what we need on this issue. It's just a one hour call to gather views and to try to make the comment a bit more representative of the views of our members. Ideally I would run this exercise multiple times with different participants in different time zones... but for now this is just a pilot to see if it works. Does this make more sense?

Thanks, Ayden