[NCSG-PC] URGENT: Vote in the ICANN Board Seat #14 Election

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Wed May 3 12:11:37 EEST 2017

For what it is worth, and I realise this is not much, I do not think the process followed was sufficient and for that reason I do not accept as legitimate the outcome. A vote that was open for only a few hours (three hours, I am told - though nothing is public so I cannot verify that) and not advertised in advance is no vote at all. This is not a reflection on Matthew or Markus as candidates; it is only my feeling that the process followed was incredibly unsatisfactory, un-transparent, and rushed in order to meet an arbitrary deadline.

I don't think it is acceptable to simply say, we need to have a discussion about what should be done in the future. What happened this week is not okay, and I think it reflects very poorly on the NCSG that we would agree to this sham process put forward by the CSG at the last minute. I know that not everyone will agree with my characterisation of the process, but it certainly looks to me like the only reason why our Councillors were allowed to exercise their right to vote was because their voting posed no existential threat to the desired outcome.

Ayden