[NCSG-PC] Request for confirmation of members - GNSO Standing Selection Committee

matthew shears mshears at cdt.org
Fri Mar 24 13:30:01 EET 2017

Morning

As of 23:59 last night there were no additional expressions of interest
directly to me or on the list as far as I can see.

This means that the NCSG PC has to select three of the four following
candidates for the Standing Selection Committee (SSC). The candidates are:

  * Rafik Dammak
    https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosoi/Rafik+Dammak+SOI
  * Poncelet Ileleji
    https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosoi/Poncelet+Ileleji+SOI
  * Ed Morris https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosoi/Edward+Morris+SOI
  * Kris Seeburn
    https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosoi/Kris+Seeburn+SOI

There are a number of ways we can decide who the members should be.
One simple solution is to agree all, with one as an alternate (foreseen
in the SSC outline doc.).

Alternatively, we could discuss and agree the criteria important to this
role on this list and then try and hold a Skype call or similar to agree
the slots (at the latest sometime Monday).

If PC members have other suggestions please reply all.  (We are of
course supposed to decide by rough consensus as per the NCSG bylaws
section 2.5.2
https://gnso.icann.org/en/improvements/ncsg-charter-05may11-en.pdf)

Please indicate your preferred way forward today.  Our deadline for
communicating the names is Monday.

Many thanks.

Matthew

--