[NCSG-PC] Fwd: Request for confirmation of members - GNSO Standing Selection Committee

Tapani Tarvainen ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info
Tue Mar 21 07:33:21 EET 2017

Hi Avri,

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 07:19:09PM -0400, avri doria (avri at apc.org) wrote:

> I thought we did have a v-chair.
>
> Matt was chosen as v-chair, is still a member of the PC and no other
> v-chair has been chosen since.  why would he cease being v-chair,
> especially he was chosen late in the year?

Late in the year? Unless I'm mistaken, Matt and David were elected
vice-chairs in March 2016, a year ago now, and our charter says VCs
are elected on a yearly basis. And as they were elected at the same
time as Marilia was elected Chair, I'd assumed their terms ended at
the same time, too.

But that was never explicitly decided and there're no clear rules in
the charter about how and when exactly that should happen. So if Matt
and David are willing to consider themselves Vice-Chairs still, I
certainly won't object.

> i think Matt should step up while Rafik is enjoying his nuptials.

Sounds good to me.

--
Tapani Tarvainen