[NCSG-PC] NCSG session on constituency day

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Wed Mar 8 17:53:54 EET 2017

I'm glad to hear that, though I'm a little surprised because the mailing list suggests there was discussion around potential workshops back in February but nothing to indicate that anything was actually submitted to the ITU (plus someone mentioned to me off-list that an ICANN staffer told them at the MAG session last week that the CCWG-IG had not submitted a WSIS proposal by the deadline, as it had not agreed on a topic). In any case, I wasn't looking to get deep into the weeds of what workshops the group is submitting in any fora, I was more curious was to what events is it targeting, what it's priorities were for 2017, and most importantly -- how involved are we relative to other constituencies/stakeholder groups, are there opportunities for us to be doing more, and if so, what should we be doing? Thanks!

- Ayden