[NCSG-PC] Call for nominations: PC Chair election

Tapani Tarvainen ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info
Mon Jan 16 12:57:13 EET 2017

Dear all,

Our charter says

"A Chair will be elected or replaced from among the members of the
NCSG-PC by a 2/3 vote of the NCSG-PC membership on a yearly basis."

"One or more Vice-Chairs may be chosen by the NCSG-PC on a
yearly basis."

While beginning of the term isn't explicitly stated, calendar
year is a good default, and in any case the election should
happen at least roughly every year. So now is a good time.

There is no election procedure defined, I would assume open
election on the list to be sufficient, but we can arrange
a closed election if desired.

All PC members (but not observers) are eligible, councillors as well
as constituency representatives, with the sole exception of NCSG Chair
(me), and there's no term limit so current Chair and Vice Chairs are
also eligible.

So, nominations please!

Self-nominations are obviously also most welcome.

--
Tapani Tarvainen