[NCSG-PC] Open Public comments

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Thu Feb 23 03:45:19 EET 2017

Thanks, Rafik. I would be pleased to take the lead drafting our comments on the initial report of the At-Large Review. I think we need to be careful here, people in glass houses and stones and all that... I am tempted to suggest we limit the focus of our comments only to the inaccurate comparisons drawn between the NCUC, NCSG, and ALAC. We should also put forward our opposition to an advisory committee taking on more influence in the policy sphere, particularly with their obscene levels of staff support, as that is a direct threat to our legitimacy and the legitimacy of the GNSO. I don't think we should comment on the rest of the report; surely At-Large is best placed to produce a response which addresses some of the methodological issues within it. And if not, that is to their detriment.

- Ayden