[NCSG-PC] Fwd: [Ncph-intersessional2017] .FEEDBACK PICDRP Update to NCPH Intersessional Participants

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Sat Feb 18 21:15:01 EET 2017

This is a really interesting issue, because I can understand how the casual observer could view .feedback as engaging in deceptive and unfair business practices. It appears to me that all .feedback websites have the same template. When I went to the .feedback registry, I discovered that their domain names are sold as an all-inclusive, non-customisable platform, with differentiated fees for trademark holders versus those who do not own a trademark. In addition, the registry restricts the freedom of domain name owners to customise their website or to choose their own webhost. Self-hosting is only available with the purchase of the "self-serve add-on" for USD $720 per year plus $5,000 application fee per domain name, which strikes me as unusual.

Ayden

Seems important that we engage on this, can folks who are at the intercessional weigh in and brief us on what we might want to do?

cheers SP