[NCSG-PC] Fwd: [NCSG-Discuss] Second Public Comment on IDN Guidelines

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Sat Dec 9 23:40:17 EET 2017

I don't have a strong opinion on this issue or on our comment, however, in the [source document](https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/draft-idn-guidelines-03mar17-en.pdf), the word "encourage" is used frequently. i.e. "Encourage registrars to notify registrants of non-conforming registered domain names".

Do we think this terminology is appropriate? I prefer words like "must" - they give registrants more clarity over what they can expect from registrars - but I could be persuaded otherwise.

— Ayden