[NCSG-PC] SSC process and my status in NCSG PC

avri doria avri at acm.org
Fri Apr 7 06:50:36 EEST 2017

Hi,

As an observer from the outside, I do not believe the process was
flawed, what was flawed was the lack of trust and the behavior of some
individuals.  And no process is going to account for that.  If ICANN has
taught me anything is that any process can be worked around or warped if
the intent to do so is there.  That is why we have appeals mechanisms
and and an ombuds function.

If you really want to understand what went on, request an ombudsman
investigation to truly air all the dirty laundry so that you can start
process building with a clean slate and understanding of the fault lines.

You can also send the results of any process to the EC for confirmation,
as they are oversight for the PC and the  NCSG charter allows for the
membership to challenge any EC decision. We have a set of accountability
mechanisms that should be used before jumping into process design.

Having said that, I wish you all the best in developing a process that
cannot be thwarted by ill will and mistrust.

avri