[NCSG-PC] SSC process and my status in NCSG PC

Edward Morris egmorris1 at toast.net
Thu Apr 6 12:36:24 EEST 2017

Matt,

 Your integrity was never in doubt.

 This has been a learning experience, a sad one, for most of us. By
learning I hope I mean that: let's learn from our mistakes and perhaps get
a process in place like the one I just helped write for the GNSO for NCSG
appointments. Full of rules that cover things like confidentiality, rules
for diversity and so on. Perhaps a NCSG SSC - happy to apply my experiences
with the GNSO model here to help develop one for ourselves.

 By the way, to cover some of the mud thrown at me in recent weeks: no, I
don't have a criminal record and I'm not a drug smuggler. And I'm amazed a
fellow NCSG member has nothing better to do than count the number of
suitcases I bring to an ICANN meeting. So be it. I tend to forget things so
it might be useful to know someone does that.

 Anyone serious knows that both Rafik and I could do this job and could do
it well. Our community needs peace right now. There is an old tradition in
my culture, well I just made it up, that all new jobs go to the newlywed
man. I think it's a tradition made up by the newlywed women. :) In any
event, if Rafik is still willing to volunteer for the position we should
celebrate his nuptials by letting him do it.

 And then let's get some sort of selection policy in place for the NCSG.
What we have now clearly is not up to snuff. Happy to help out if folks are
ready to work on one.

 Peace - thanks Matt for all of your work, and good luck Rafik, most of all
with your new wife,

 Ed