[NCSG-FC] Fw: [NCUC-DISCUSS] Call for NCUC Appointee to the Finance Committee - Open until August 3rd

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Tue Jul 23 01:32:47 EEST 2019

Hi Thato,

Our charter does not permit the NCSG Chair to serve as Finance Committee Chair. As the NCUC position will be unfilled come 1 August, that only leaves Sam as a Finance Committee member who is not NCSG Chair and thus can serve as Finance Committee Chair. Accordingly, I have asked if he would be willing to serve as interim Chair. Once the NCUC appoints a new member, there can be a discussion of the fully-formed Finance Committee as to how it will be led moving forward.

The alternative is for me to write to the NCSG Executive Committee and to ask that the Finance Committee be suspended and to assign its duties to the Policy Committee until such time as the NCSG Executive Committee is satisfied it has a fuller membership.

Best wishes, Ayden