[NCSG-FC] [Ext] ICANN64 FC meeting preparations

thatomfikwe thatomfikwe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 02:00:56 EET 2019

Bruna,
As the FC we need to agree on the meeting agenda so that it does not become my agenda when it goes to the mailing list. If not.interested in the meeting, please state so that other members can continue in the meanwhile.
The operational procedures intergrated community input and FC inputs. I did.not put my personal opinion on the OP, feel free to comment on the doc as opposed to continue lashing. This doc still has to go to the NCSG EC.
There is nothing wrong with the FC participating in meeting in order to establish itself and gain presence and confidence within the community. What is the real reason the FC need not attend F2F onsite meetings?
Travel slots should be open to all committees and members and of course active and committee members must receive a significant portion. If this is not fair enough then I do not know what resolve the travel slots issue which is not just a FC issue but a community issue.
Fundraising and resource mobilisation is important, the FC understands what its duties but it seems like there are serious barrier within the committee as it is fighting with itself.
Lately there has been a lot of toungue lashing on the FC. Which I consider disrespectful, we are not small children, nobody is better than the other, we all leaders in our own personal & different capacities. I try to maintain respect for all members of NCSG but if respect is not returned..then what?
Leaders are normally in control of their emotions that is why they find it easy to lead diverse people.
The charter needs review, if not the FC issues and problems will not come to an end.
@Bruna, clearly there is no confidence right now in my participation within this committee, so what does the Ncuc EC really propose regarding this matter?
I do not even see how I can reapply if the situation is as bad as you describe as the Chair. Its is pretty obvious what your position on this matter is.
Your statements are very confusing because you later mention that I must consider being a penholder for the budget, yet you are telling me about my sins.
Initially you said my term expired as NCUC Rep then you said I must continue with the meeting, please, I am not a robot, you can remote control me. The NCUC EC needs to make a decision whether I continue until further update as opposed to dancing to the music as it plays within the FC.
Personal preferences are always supercedeed by community interest and organisational goals in a civil society environment.

Thato Mfikwe.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.-------- Original message --------From: Bruna Martins dos Santos <bruna.mrtns at gmail.com> Date: 21/02/2019  00:30  (GMT+02:00) To: Stephanie Perrin <stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca> Cc: thatomfikwe <thatomfikwe at gmail.com>, Maryam Bakoshi <maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>, ncsg-fc at lists.ncsg.is Subject: Re: [Ext] ICANN64 FC meeting preparations
Hey Thato,
I sincerely don't know how to deal with so many FC incidents. You have been claiming for the so-called 'independence' but all I have seen so far is a huge disregard for NSCG and its constituencies. So far you have added stuff to your Operating procedures that were not agreed with neither suggested by membership (such as the attempt of granting travel slots to the FC), submitted ABRs that involved the SG and its Constituencies activities without even notifying the leadership teams and now we have this invitation for staff to join the FC meeting in Kobe without, once again, consulting with membership - even despite the fact that on the thread about NCSG bank account several members considered that asking staff for advice at such stage (of the FC) would not be advisable. Sincerely it has been really hard trying to work with the FC when I know that despite of the advice that we might add to any discussions will be simply ignored.

With regards to 'announcements for FC members replacement' I guess there is a little misunderstanding on your behalf here. All NCSG/NCUC/NPOC leadership positions have terms, even the appointed ones. And you might recall that back in Barcelona, when I became NCUC chair, we announced that the calls for NCUC appointees to all NCSG committees would be done at the beginning of this year. So this is not an attempt to shut down any committee, but simply NCUC complying with its operating procedures. If you have any interest in continuing at this position you should apply to be once again the NCUC appointee to the FC, and the EC will deliberate on this - I dont have a say in votings unless we have a tie.

Other than coming back and forth with such discussions, I think the FC could be doing a little inreaching to membership. I am pretty sure that the FC members are all capable of doing these discussions and I would personally like to see you being involved with the ICANN Strategic Plan for Fiscal Years 2021 – 2025 and maybe even being the penholders of this comment. Or even asking the mailing lists about what discussions they would like to see at the FC meeting in Kobe.
Best, Bruna