[NCSG-FC] Questions and comments/current state of the FC OP

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 07:33:14 EEST 2018

I only took into account the comments made on the Google doc for now. You
can share the questions and see what others think. Fc members are appointed
to this positions.

I can't unfortunately work anymore on the document.The penholder should not
be so attached to the original language he provided. Despite being even
disagreed with by two fc members, this keeps happening.  I provided
alternatives for the loaded word of SPV (made a typo in previous email,
mistakes happen) it should be removed and I provided reasons and it was
supported.

Let's have a meeting. But if we are going to argue over the same things
that I have argued over multiple times provided reasonings and provided
alternative language and it was put up for public comment and again members
on Google doc agreed,  then I'm afraid even a meeting won't be fruitful.
Unless there are new solutions by other FC members. Also I am concerned
that other FC member refrain  from inviting those involved with drafting
ncsg charter to being their rational and opinions.

Dont forget that NCSG EC has to review the operating procedures. If
anything goes against the charter now or not clear, then EC might not
approve it.Please don't frame this as a threat as you did in previous
communications, I did try to help, and spent a lot of time on this so
doesn't mean I have not been cooperative or not wanting FC to succeed, it
doesn't matter who would be chair in the future, EC members will look at
this document critically.

Another note: if this OP gets approved with no substantive changes, its
enforcement in the future will see challenges if it is not in line with the
charter and unreasonable. I am trying to help. My efforts might be framed
as blo.cking progress. But I have had to experience with drafting multiple
ops and I have no skin in the game And want  things go smoothly. You can
either choose to look at alternatives and another lens, or just emphasize
your previous positions.

On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 9:56 PM Remmy Nweke <remmyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> take criticism. I am sure we are do so madam chair with your support. I see
> it as feedback.
>

> Like I said earlier, sending it to list, does not solve bulk of the
> problems. The bulk stops with the FC, except if I did not understand the
> Charter well. Whatever is done under FC, its members/leaders take
> responsibility including accollades and knocks.
>

> I hope you understand me better now.
>
> Best of the week
> Remmy Nweke
>
> On Sat, 28 Jul 2018 7:39 am farzaneh badii, <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 10:56 AM Thato Mfikwe <thatomfikwe at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Farzii,
>>>
>>> Please see my responses below in line, thanks.

>>> I think the question should be ""what does audit entail?", because the
>>> drafters of the Charter knew what the term implied, so the generally
>>> accepted definition of auditing is, the process investigating, verifying
>>> and scrutinizing financial records to ensure that transactions of an entity
>>> are recorded and financial records are accurate and in accordance with
>>> applicable rules and regulations, in this case ICANN financial
>>> requirements. The FC should be able to appoint and external auditor.
>>> I*f members think the FC should not do the audit function, does it now
>>> mean the Charter must change? For me, I would sat the FC needs to do and
>>> promote the right thing irrespective of unjustified opposition or
>>> uninformed opinions because it seems like opposing comments are challenging
>>> stipulations of the Charter*.
>>> Internal auditing on the other side help the organisation achieve its
>>> objectives and is concerned with evaluating and improving effectiveness of
>>> risk management, risk control and governance processes, and ensures
>>> reliability of financial and management reporting.
>>> The audit process follows 6 phases:
>>> 1. Agreement on term of engagement - articulation of responsibilities of
>>> involved parties and the objective of the audit, access to information and
>>> records
>>> 2. Preparing an audit plan - planning the audit based on information
>>> contained in the documents received
>>> 3. Scheduling an open meeting - with management and key admin staff to
>>> present the audit scope
>>> 4. Fieldwork - taking information from the open meeting to finalize an
>>> audit plan. Field work includes but is not limited to, review of procedures
>>> and adequacy of internal controls, checking compliance with procedures and
>>> policies and discussing problem with the organisation as they arise.
>>> 5. Drafting a report - a detailed report of findings of the audit with
>>> errors, posting problems, authorized but not yet paid expenses and other
>>> discrepancies This report must also have recommendations
>>> 6. Closing meeting - discussion of the report, soliciting response from
>>> management
>>> 7. Following up with management to check if recommendations made were

Farzaneh