[NCSG-FC] FW: FC meeting at ICANN63 Barcelona

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 20:41:17 EEST 2018

Generally looks good to me but the OP stuff can be discussed beforehand as
well and we just report on the progress.

when I come up with the agenda of NCSG Open session I will ask PC and EC if
we can allocate 15 mins to FC to discuss.

Best
Farzaneh

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 1:37 PM Thato Mfikwe <thatomfikwe at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> M: 234-8033592762, 8023122558, 8051000475, T: @ITRealms
>> <http://www.twitter.com/ITRealms>
>> Author: A Decade of ICT Reportage in Nigeria
>> <https://www.facebook.com/adecadeofictreportageinnigeria%E2%80%8E>
>>
>> *South-South Nigeria DigitalSENSE Forum on IG4D & Nigeria IPv6 Roundtable
>> <http://www.digitalsenseafrica.com.ng>*
>> (Uyo, Akwa-Ibom State). JOIN us!!
>>
>> *Vice President, African Civil Society on the Information Society (ACSIS
>> <http://www.acsis-scasi.org/en/>)
>>
>> *NPOC FC Rep @ICANN Non-Commercial Stakeholders Group (NCSG)*
>> <https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/stakeholders-constituencies/ncsg>
>> *Confidentiality Notice:* The information in this document and
>> attachments are confidential and may also be privileged information. It is
>> intended only for the use of the named recipient. Remmy Nweke does not
>> accept legal responsibility for the contents of this e-mail. If you are not
>> the intended recipient, please notify me immediately, then delete this
>> document and do not disclose the contents of this document to any other
>> person, nor make any copies. Violators may face court persecution.
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 9:19 PM Thato Mfikwe <thatomfikwe at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> As you might be aware the FC is currently thinking of coordinating
>>> sessions during ICANN 63, preferably onsite but should travel support be
>>> not available, then this will be done online with members who will be
>>> attending onsite. Below is the proposed details of planned meetings, you
>>> experience will be very helpful in ensuring we have a solid and
>>> comprehensive meeting request for the NCSG FC. According to email responses
>>> above, it seems like the FC has the go ahead to prepare and proceed with
>>> this submission, if anyone thinks otherwise, they are free to comment:
>>>
>>> *MEETING 1*
>>> NCSG Finance Committee (90 min)
>>>
>>> *Objective*: To introduce NCSG FC to the NCSG community and discuss the
>>> Finance Committee Operational Procedures (OP) and the NCSG Charter in order
>>> to find synergy between the two documents.
>>> *People needed*: ICANN Finance, GNSO Finance rep, FC member or members,
>>> NCSG EC and members
>>>
>>> *Agenda*: Face to face meeting with NCSG members (90 minutes)
>>>
>>> *Part 1*: Establishment of the NCSG FC - 45 minutes
>>> 1. introduction, background of the FC and committee responsibilities as
>>> listed in the NCSG Charter - 10 min
>>> 2. Overview of the NCSG Charter and Fiance Committee OP (oversight,
>>> participation, accountability and auditing function issues) - 15 min
>>> 3. Q and A - 5 min
>>> 4. Discussions on how to merge the 2 documents/contention areas - 15 min
>>>
>>> *Part 2*: NCSG Finances and fundraising for NCSG - 45 min
>>> 5. Discussion on NCSG priorities, opportunities and needs - 10 min
>>> 6. Background on ICANN budgets, 2018 - 2019 ABRs and fundraising options
>>> (ICANN finance, contributions and outreach to external funders) - 10 min
>>> 8. Input from ICANN finance staff - 5 min
>>> 9. Input from GNSO finance rep - 5 min
>>> 10. Q and A - 5 min
>>> 11. Closing remarks - 5 min
>>>
>>> *MEETING 2 (Optional depending on availability of a slot):*
>>> NCSG FC outreach during constituency day or NCSG outreach sessions (FC
>>> to sit on a panel or present online)
>>>
>>> *Objective:  *To call on volunteers to help the FC in execution of its
>>> responsibilities (information sharing and creating awareness)
>>>
>>> *People needed:* New comers and NCSG members
>>>
>>> *Presentation areas*
>>> 1. Introduction to the FC and current activities - 5 min
>>> 2. FC plans and how to participate - 3 min