[NCSG-FC] Re-starting the work of Finance Committee

Sam Lanfranco lanfran at yorku.ca
Tue Feb 20 02:20:55 EET 2018

Renata, Farzaneh, and Thato,

Thanks for contributing to the discussion. Before the NCSG Finance
Committee can proceed it still need an NCSG discussion to give the
Finance Committee a working agenda. While NCUC has a treasurer, and a
bank account with some funds, it is up to NCUC to decide what should be
reported back to NCSG and the NCSG community. As for NPOC,I am treasurer
along with the Chair, Joan Kerr, we share responsibility for the NPOC
bank account. Reporting is easy: it has had zero income;  zero
expenditures; and a zero account balance - although it does have pending
bills. .

Renata, Once we have revenues, flows and allocations a closed Wiki might
be considered, but we are not there yet. As for Thato's list of due
diligence suggestions, the whole list runs well beyond the capacities of
NCSG and the capabilities of the Finance Committee. We still need the
NCSG discussion to give the Finance Committee a working mandate. I hope
that can be done by the end of the Puerto Rico meetings.

Sam  L.