[NCSG-FC] Lanfranco Comments: Action items from the NCSG Finance Committee Call of 20 June 2017

Sam Lanfranco sam at lanfranco.net
Wed Jun 21 16:20:45 EEST 2017

Comments submitted by Sam Lanfranco (may be farming when you consult on
these)

ACTION ITEMS FROM THE NCSG FINANCE COMMITTEE CALL OF 20 JUNE 2017

1. Edward Morris will contact ICANN regarding the noncommercial history
project, for which funding approval was granted in the Supplemental
Budget requests. (No comment)

2. Edward Morris will obtain more information regarding any assistance
ICANN may be able to give regarding banking facilities. It was agreed
that while appreciating the willingness of the NCUC to allow use of
their banking facility the current situation is not ideal. (FYI: NPOC
has set up a Canadian banking facility)

3. Edward Morris will arrange for ICANN to reimburse Avri Doria for
expenditures related to the .IS domain name. (Good luck. They still own
me $600 for expenses I covered for ICANN (at their request) in
Hyderabad. NPOC owes me more as soon as the transfer from the old
Belgium account actually works)

4. Tapani Tarvainen will convey to the NCSG Executive Committee (EC) a
request from the NCSG Finance Committee (FC) asking for an update as to
the EC intentions concerning those aspects of NCSG Charter §2.4
applicable to the FC, per the 28 April 2017 post to the NCSG EC mailing
list by Ms. Robin Gross. (Unaware of details here)

5. Edward Morris will prepare a Motion for the next NCSG Finance
Committee call declaring that no voluntary dues will be assessed members
this year. The NCSG FC is required by the Charter to regularly make such
an assessment. (I concur with this position)

6. Edward Morris will prepare a call for volunteers that will be
submitted to the NCSG FC for approval to create a small group of
interested volunteers, to include representation from each constituency,
to help the NCSG develop a fundraising plan or otherwise meet the FC
obligations regarding same per NCSG Charter §2.6.(This may also call for
a clarification or slight re-tweaking of the NCSG mission and modes of
operation, and whether this is funding for the “same old same old” or
some innovative awareness and engagement strategies (how, where, what,
with whom).

7. Edward Morris will prepare a call for volunteers that will be
submitted to the NCSG FC for approval, creating a position of travel
liaison from the NCSG to Constituency Travel to ensure that NCSG members
receive fair and equitable treatment in the expenditure of travel
funding. Mr. Ayden Ferdeline indicated an intention to volunteer for
this position. (I endorse this but would also call for a discussion of
the criteria for being eligible for “fair and equitable treatment”,
criteria based on potential to advance the work of NCSG and not just
based on demographics and geographics.)