[NCSG-FC] F2F in Copenhagen

Edward Morris egmorris1 at toast.net
Thu Feb 23 02:46:43 EET 2017

MaryAm and Tapani,

 I have yet to receive a response regarding the time allowed for the NCSG
FC meeting. I did, however, go online and found this schedule:

 https://schedule.icann.org

 We have been allocated 90 minutes directly opposite the Budget Working
Group. Not acceptable. A big part of what the NCSG Charter tells us we're
supposed to be doing on the FC is working with ICANN staff to ensure the
NCSG receives fair financial treatment. Towards that end I have extended
informal invitations to the ICANN CFO,  the Chair of the Board Finance
Committee and the BC's Finance Executive to attend the NCSG FC meeting and
meet with us. In cooperation with the NCSG Chair, we were going to move the
presentation by Xavier Calvez and staff to the FC meeting. None of this can
happen because we have been slotted opposite the ONLY meeting in the six
day conference in which all the people involved in finance in ICANN will
be: including me as NCSG FC  Chair! I need to be at the three hour budget
meeting fighting for our interests!

 I do remind everyone that per the NCSG Charter we are required to attempt
to meet at ICANN Meetings. It is not an option, it is not a luxury, it is
required by the NCSG Charter.

 Is there any possibility of switching this time. Conflicts are inevitable.
Are there any rooms available in the morning, earlier that afternoon, on a
different day? Can we solve this problem?

 Thanks for considering.

 Ed